Thursday, July 1, 2010

day 4


Yesterday was a good day. We got to the clinic in the morning and Dr. Patel had gotten back from Rome. She asked that she does an internal scan to check things out. Everything looked good. She was worried that because of the thyroid problem, I will need to stay an additional 5 days to successfully complete the process. She needs me to stay till the 13th of July. I told her there is no possible way I can stay that long. We are in the process of figuring out what we can do to make this trip not last until the 13th.

On a happier note, they are continueing me on the meds.. 2 tablets a day of levothyroxine. I'm getting my blood drawn about every other day to check my levels. Still getting my injections of the hormones. I had 2 yesterday and 2 this morning. They are getting pretty painful, but still bearable. Luckily I have Justins sweet hand to squeeze when I'm in pain. :) I don't know what I would do without him here with me. it has been such a relief to have a huge 6'4 man walking around with me.. I feel so much safer :)

Dr. Patel sent us on our way, but before leaving, Wendy stopped us and asked if we wanted to go shopping with her. So we had Mr. Ingrajeet (our driver) take us around town. We first went to lunch. Ingrajeet took us to an all you can eat type place where they load all different kinds of Indian food on your plate. It basically gives you a taste on India in one meal. the food was alright I thought.. Justin loved it! Very spicy though.. Next we went to D Mart.. basically it's similar to a Smith's Marketplace or a Target. We were so intrigued by the Indian products and labeling. We got some souveniers for family and friends, then left to go to the Big Bazaar. The Big Bazaar is a 3 story building, similar to a smaller Costco. We had a lot of fun walking around the building. I tried on a Sari and really liked it, but I didn't end up getting it. We seriously feel like exotic animals here. Everytime we walk into a room or area, everyone stops dead in their tracks and just watches us. Crazy.

Our last stop was a very very nice resort called "madhubhan." We literally forgot we were in India while we were touring the resort. It was SOOO NICE! I took tons of pictures so I will try and post some, but it hasn't been working lately. The grounds at this place were beautiful. Very well kept. The spa was immaculet. We are considering having a spa day here soon and going back to the Madhubhan Resort.

We got home after a long day of shopping and eating. We ordered some chai tea to our room, then went to bed early. We woke up a few hours later (it was 10 pm) and we were a little hungry. Justins stomach was pretty upset from all the spice, so he ordered a mild americanized dish of Stroganoff.. I ordered some Tandoori chicken with some buttered naan. Yum :) We went back to bed and crashed the rest of the night. Wow we have gotten so much sleep here in India. :) Kinda nice.

This morning I got my blood tested again and got 2 more injections. Then Mr. Ingrajeet took us to a little breakfast place which was awesome!! The men serving us were so funny.. they asked to take a picture of us :) Anyway, we tried some awesome food. The Chutney sauce was my favorite. they put it on top of a deep fried roll. Sounds weird, but it was delicious. We took lots of pics of the food and we'll be sure to post them :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! That looks like papadam with various chutneys. We love getting that as an appetizer when we go out for Indian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please call me when you get up. I never know when I can call. Looks like you are having fun, but I am worried about you, with the injections and everything. I love you

    ReplyDelete