Saturday, April 10, 2010

I'm back! Wow life is full of all sorts of learning experiences. I have learned so much about myself and others these last few months. I don't even know where to begin, and if I should share a specific story with you or not. My heart is bursting with joy and gratitude this very second. Instead of boring you with my life story, I will just make note of the key points and share my feelings and experiences that I've had over the last little while. This is what I have learned...

There is no "try", you either do or you don't.

I will not let people into my life who bring me down. I will surround myself with the kind of people who encourage me, and lift me up, and who love me unconditionally.

The purpose of life is to learn. THEREFORE, Everything that I have experienced and all the tears I've cried have formed me into the woman I am today. I wouldn't change my past for anything.

I am this girl you see. I do not hide behind a mask, or tell you things that I don't sincerely mean. I will be honest with you and I expect the same in return. Because I deserve it! And so do you!

I love myself.. More and more each day.



I cannot hide my smile. I have people asking me everyday why I am so happy. I've even had some people ask me if I am on drugs. No, of course not! I am just happy! I love my life. It is such a great feeling to be able to say that. The last couple years I wasn't able to say that and be 100% honest with myself. I somehow got myself stuck under this cloud of darkness (as my mom would say), I was so lost that not even I could see the change in me. I convinced myself that i was happy, and that I deserved the life I was living. I ignored the comments from loved ones around me, until it hit me. I hated myself.. And I hated my life. I never thought I would have the courage to change it though. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I am so grateful I made that leap towards this better, new life that I am now experiencing.

Some people in my life that I must thank...

My mom and Dad, Justin Larsen, My sister Ashley, Alyssa Nelson, Andrea Tesch, and Chris Sorensen.

Woooooohooooooo!!!! Life is great :) I am still working for the Jazz and looking for either another part time job or a full time job. The plan for school is still to start dental hygiene in august. I am so excited for that! Besides that, I am just enjoying those people that I surround myself with who are truly so amazing, and enjoying life. :)

6 comments:

  1. I hear ya lady! I'm so glad you're lovin' life again. You're an inspiration to me too and I love how you put into words what you learned. Everything? Seconded. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lindsey!! I am so happy that you are happy. That is the most important thing. I can't wait to see what you are doing so make sure you update this often!! Loves... Jenna and Mack :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you, Ldog!! You are an incredible person - I admire your happiness- even through strife. Keep on smiling!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh... I cried. I am still crying. i am SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY FOR YOU. So good to know you are happy with life. I love you and miss you.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linds, I am really so happy for you. I'm excited about this new blog of yours. It sounds like you're in a good place. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love you. :) I am glad you are truly happy.

    ReplyDelete